The Chairperson Women In Energy, Engr. Senator (r) Rukhsana Zuberi initiated Pakistan’s two on grid solar systems in Islamabad with grant from JICA now nearing completion. Third system is at the Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary studies joint effort of the Parliament of Pakistan and USAID. Popularized Energy efficiency measures and installed demo solar units at:
- President House
- PM Secretariat
- Governor House (Punjab/Sind)
- Supreme Court
- 100 locations - Public Places Launched Nation Wide Campaign to create awareness; as how to conserve energy.
- Founder Chairperson, Women In Energy Pakistan
- Convener SAARC Women in Energy working group, from 2008
- Member, President’s Task Force on Alternate Energy Options for Pakistan Convener, Committee on Energy Conservation for MoST & departments from 2009
- Member, Board of Directors, Hydro-Carbon Development Institute of Pakistan (HDIP) – from 2010
- Former Chairperson, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) - 2008-2011
- Former Chairperson Pakistan Institute of Costs & Contracts
- Member Board of Governors , National University of Science & Technology (NUST)
- Member Senate petroleum committee, Pakistan, 2003-2009
- Member of Defense & Defense production committee, Pakistan, 2003-2009
- Member Legislative Development Steering Committee (Project USAID) 2006-2009
- Member Joint committee of Parliament on Kashmir, 2006-2009
- Member Executive Committee Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) - 1993-1996
- Member Executive Committee, Institute of Engineers Pakistan (IEP) -
- Member Provincial Assembly Sindh - 1977
- Member, Karachi University Syndicate – 1977
- Initiated Pakistan’s first on Grid solar systems currently three projects are nearing completion in February end of 2012 at Pakistan Engineering Council, Planning Commission and Pakistan Institute of Parliamentary studies.
- Achieved provisional membership of Washington Accord & Engineers Mobility Forum which will enable Pakistan’s Engineering qualifications recognized among member countries.
- Initiated demo pilot project; to popularize the use of solar energy. More than 150 units have been installed at important public places, Universities, Government buildings. This reach out to public has increased demand of solar home systems thus gradually reducing demand on grid
- BE Mechanical From NED Engineering College. University of Karachi
- First Lady Mechanical Engineer of Pakistan
- First Lady Chairperson of Pakistan Engineering Council.
- Fellow Institute of Engineers Pakistan